Comment on page
Digital Carbon Retirement Verification
This document provides a step by step process to verify your Digital Carbon retirement. It links the transaction from KlimaDAO Retirement page to the Verra Registry.
- On the KlimaDAO retirement page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘View on Polygonscan’ and open the retirement transaction.
- Copy the ‘transaction hash’ from Polygonscan.
- In the search result, click on ‘+’ and expand the project information.
- Click on ‘more’ under ‘verified’ to reveal information on Verra retirement.
- The ‘Valid batch serial number’ reveals the Project ID (VCS ID) in the Verra registry and the batch under which the retirement was done for the specified project.
- In the serial number, with the format VER-XX-YY-ABC-XXXX, ABC is the VCS ID.
- In the current example (screenshots above), for the serial number 11241-304324891-304380422-VCS-VCU-259-VER-CG-14-1052-01012012-31122012-0 the VCS ID is 1052.
- Enter the VCS ID under ID in ‘Project Search’. In this case it is 1052.
- The search may display additional projects as well. Scroll down to see the relevant project ID
- There can be several batches of carbon credit issuances for a specific VCS ID. To identify the relevant batch for your carbon credit issuance, search in the browser (CTRL+F) for the specific serial number.
- In this case, 11241-304324891-304380422-VCS-VCU-259-VER-CG-14-1052-01012012-31122012-0.
- If not found, search for the same in the subsequent page of search results.